The mugshot of former U.S. president Donald Trump has been released after he surrendered himself to authorities in Georgia on charges alleging he acted in a plot to subvert the 2020 election.
Threads web app finally available two months after launch
Threads web app finally available two months after launch
Meta’s Twitter competitor, Threads, has finally gotten a web app just two months after the platform launched, and it’s available now.
Launched on July 5, 2023, Meta’s Twitter competitor Threads quickly amassed over 100 million users on the Instagram-integrated platform.
It was missing quite a few features at launch, although Meta quickly added things like the commonly asked for following feed.
Their latest major addition to the platform is a web app, which is finally available for users to enjoy.
Threads web app finally available
To access the web app, head over to the existing Threads website. Instead of the “Get this app” QR code that Meta has provided on the site since July 5, you’ll be met with the platform’s login page. |Read more https://www.dexerto.com/tech/threads-web-app-finally-available-two-months-after-launch-2264198/|
As Franklin approaches, N.S. launches hurricane preparedness awareness campaign
As Franklin approaches, N.S. launches hurricane preparedness awareness campaign
Nova Scotia is launching a hurricane preparedness awareness campaign ahead of what’s expected to be an above-average hurricane season.
“We’ve seen a number of severe weather events this year, which have resulted in an absolute tragedy,” said John Lohr, the minister responsible for the emergency management office, during a news conference Thursday afternoon.
“And for many, the recovery’s still very much underway — from the extreme dry conditions that fed the wildfires in our province in May, to the heavy rainfall and severe thunderstorms that triggered the tragic flash flooding events we’ve experienced in July and August.”
Lohr said so far, the hurricane season appears to be shaping up to be an “active one,” and the province is urging people to be prepared.
“We’re working together and preparing for the season ahead,” he said. “I would like to encourage all Nova Scotians to take some time now, before a storm or weather warning is issued to our region, to do the same.”
The announcement came as tropical storm Franklin looms off the coast, though it’s too early to say if it will have much of an impact in the Maritimes. |Read more https://globalnews.ca/news/9916807/franklin-ns-impacts-preparedness/|
#NovaScotia #nspoli #ExtremeWeather #flooding #hurricanes #EmergencyManagement #Eastcoast
As conservative premiers talk gender and kids, Poilievre’s grassroots ask same of him
As conservative premiers talk gender and kids, Poilievre’s grassroots ask same of him
OTTAWA – As conservative premiers change the rules around pronoun use in schools, members of the federal Conservative grassroots want Pierre Poilievre to wade further into the debate around gender expression.
A submission to next month’s policy convention in Quebec City proposes discussion of a Conservative government prohibiting “life-altering medicinal or surgical interventions” for those under 18 who are looking to transition.
The pitch is similar to ones found across the United States, including in Florida where Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a bill in May banning gender-affirming care for transgender youth — a move many health professionals, parents and advocates for LGBTQ youth say places them at greater risk for suicide and depression.
As federal Conservative leader, Poilievre has largely focused on the cost-of-living crisis gripping millions, high interest rates and a lack of affordable housing.
But parts of his base are hoping he will broaden his Opposition agenda to include more of a focus on social issues.|Read more https://www.thecanadianpressnews.ca/health/as-conservative-premiers-talk-gender-and-kids-poilievres-grassroots-ask-same-of-him/article_79425dc9-2361-56fc-b301-f1ffa8886ada.html|
#PierrePoilievre #ParentalRights #Conservatives #GovRonDeSantis #grassroots
Trans Mountain pipeline project runs into fresh construction related hurdle
Trans Mountain pipeline project runs into fresh construction related hurdle
The Trans Mountain oil pipeline expansion project has run into another construction-related hurdle that could delay its completion.
The crown corporation that owns the pipeline has filed for regulatory approval to modify the route of one of the remaining stretches of pipe yet to be completed.
In its regulatory filing, Trans Mountain Corp. said it has run into engineering difficulties related to the drilling of a tunnel in B.C. and wants to alter the route slightly for a 1.3-kilometre stretch of pipe, as well as the construction method.
But the filing documents illustrate how the company is facing opposition from the Stk’emlupsemc te Secwepemc Nation, whose traditional territory the pipeline crosses and who had agreed to the originally proposed route and construction method.
The documents state that between May and July 2023, Trans Mountain Corp. met and corresponded several times with the First Nation’s leadership, who continued to express concern that the pipeline project was deviating from its previously agreed-upon route and construction method.
Ya’, don’t put your pocketbook away yet, Canada…
In its filing, Trans Mountain Corp. said it needs the regulator to make a decision as soon as possible to avoid construction delays that could result in “significantly increased construction costs” for the project.
It also warns of costs and impacts to “various third parties who are relying on the timely completion” of the project. |Read more https://www.jwnenergy.com/article/2023/8/24/trans-mountain-pipeline-project-runs-into-fresh-co/|
#TransCanadaPipeline #EngineeringDifficulties #tunnel #environment #cdnpoli